When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! What is your best pro tip for show vendors?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
I have a booth at a bicycle show this week-end (all inside - 12 x 12 space...maybe a bit bigger if I can finagle it to 12 x 20).

What is your sage advice for me?

Here is the low down on where I am am today.

Got a packing check list of everything I may need from sundry to important things.

Got all my stuff segregated in one place to load up. All price tagged ($5 increments - no ones), important stuff dated with model, etc., and basically sorted. No junk but stuff that I see guys on the Cabe like across the spectrum of bicycles/stuff I would buy for builds, etc..

Got a sweetheart muscle bike to show...

Got a few cleaned up vintage bikes and several that have great potential but a bit dusty/crusty. Got my folding tables , cooler, buncha five dollar bills, credit card scanner, looong security cable with padlocks - good helper.

Looking forward to seeing all of the Hurricane Coasters I have met before and making lots of new friends and seeing some OOAK bikes/parts.

Thanks for your insights! Sarcasm tolerated!:)

I keep little do dads to give to the kids of the buyers, a little good will goes a long way! Also beware of other vendors hitting you up early in the show for stuff they will try to flip for a easy buck, most are fine but there will always be a few at the show. Price the stuff right but give yourself a little wiggle room on the final price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get there early bright and lucky with cash to buy the best stuff you can, stash it and then focus on selling the stuff you want rid of. You really need to be able to switch into the selling mode pretty quickly. Exposing your new not for sale finds could cause a chilling effect on your sales so best advice is to strike fast then go sell your way out of the show.;) i only consider a swap an unmitigated success when I have covered my costs for travel and the gate, have replaced the money I blew in the first 10 minutes and I have a couple more hundred bucks to gas eat and get home.

As a buyer, price tags are a priority. I hate going to a vendor and asking, how much is that, what do you want for this, etc. So unless I spy an item I desperately need, I usually just walk on past if no tags. We all know that negotiation is part of the deal, but without a starting point, I don't know if you want $5 or $50 fir a particular item.

Price tags keep me from wasting your time and mine. Just sayin' ;)

I hate this--but have to mention---WATCH YOUR STUFF!!! Don`t walk off and leave your stuff or it might disappear... been there.
Make friends with your neighbors - ask them to watch should you take a bathroom/ food break, etc. and be willing to return the favor.
Good Luck-------Cowboy

Back