When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 16" Colson

-

1973rx3

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a 16" Colson bicycle I need help with. It is missing fenders/pedals and grips. It has wheels but I believe they are Columbia as well as the sprocket. The seat is all metal and has a "C" on it don't know if it is proper for bicycle. I have this flyer which shows the bicycle but I cannot make out the parts in question. Does anyone have one of these and can help a fellow cabe member with pictures and or info? Thanks LuisGT

IMAG0183 (2).jpg

Do you have a photo to post of what you have so far? Don't believe I've ever come across a 16" Colson bike before, just their chain driven trikes with 16" and 20" wheels.

Dave

We'll a while ago this 16" Colson caught my eye on Feapay, so I bought it. Here's some pics: (I don't have any pics of seat, yet)

100_0011.jpg
100_0012.jpg
100_0013.jpg
100_0014.jpg
100_0015.jpg
100_0020.jpg
100_0019.jpg

Handle bars and stem looks identical to flyer.

Other pics that are a little bit more clear. Oh and forgot included are photos of seat and it has a "G" and not a "C"

100_0025.jpg
100_0026.jpg
100_0027.jpg
100_0032.jpg
100_0034.jpg
100_0033.jpg

I thought it was pretty unique myself and it looks just like the one on the flyer I posted.

The 1950 Colson Imperial trike I have has this exact same style expander gooseneck - http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...al-Tricycle-Project&highlight=colson+imperial

I'd be interested in that metal seat with a "C" on it. I would have thought this bike would have a small Troxel springer seat similar to the chain drive and other trikes.

EDIT: What timing! We both posted about the seat the same minute! I'll bet the seat came off a Garton trike or sidewalk bike.

Dave

Last edited:
The 1950 Colson Imperial trike I have has this exact same style expander gooseneck - http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...al-Tricycle-Project&highlight=colson+imperial

I'd be interested in that metal seat with a "C" on it. I would have thought this bike would have a small Troxel springer seat similar to the chain drive and other trikes.

EDIT: What timing! We both posted about the seat the same minute! I'll bet the seat came off a Garton sidewalk bike.

Dave

That is one bad ass trike! I'm pretty sure i don't have the correct seat because wood was used as filler to tighten seat in place. What do you have to trade for the seat?

That is one bad ass trike! I'm pretty sure i don't have the correct seat because wood was used as filler to tighten seat in place. What do you have to trade for the seat?

Sorry about that...guess that was the wrong choice of words on my part. I posted that before your pictures showed up and meant I'd be interested in seeing what the metal seat with a "C" looked like. I was just over on the tricyclefetish site checking out Gartons, and some of the ones pictured have the same metal seat.

This 20" Troxel seat on ebay is kind of pricy, but it would be pretty close to what the bike originally had: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Bicycle...306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfcdc404a

I bought one of them from him a few months back for the $95 price. YIKES!!!:eek:

Dave

Last edited:
Sorry about that...guess that was the wrong choice of words on my part. I posted that before your pictures showed up and meant I'd be interested in seeing what the metal seat with a "C" looked like. I was just over on the tricyclefetish site checking out Gartons, and some of the ones pictured have the same metal seat.

This 20" Troxel seat on ebay is kind of pricy, but it would be pretty close to what the bike originally had: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Bicycle...306?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfcdc404a

I bought one of them from him a few months back for the $95 price. YIKES!!!:eek:

Dave

Don't worry about that Dave. Also I should have a kids troxel laying around for my bike I just have to find it. Do you have a picture of a Gartons or a link. I have a PAL trike also, well I think thats what there called. It's stashed somewhere with all my junk. I don't do trikes even though I like them, I'll definitely be selling or trading the PAL someday. Dave can you get me a closeup of the rims on your colson trikes so I can compare to ones on bike(puncture proof style rims). Thanks

Back