When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with 74 Continental

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Very clean one-owner bike. Belongs to a friend and he’s considering selling it. He wants to know what it’s worth ad you guys are more knowledgeable about these than me. Appreciate any help you can give.
D9C1FE82-684F-425D-9DDB-E220188E1CB0.jpeg

7F5D26E1-CFEB-41D6-A5E9-9E828E53691D.jpeg

B3CB48BE-C1DF-4DD7-B2BB-A75E47E1D6BB.jpeg

Depends on the market in your area. Most people would be happy with $100. I typiclly get a little more in my area.

Our market here isn’t as good. Typically someone will spend that or less on such a nice bike as this. Midwest market is cheap.

I agree with Marching_out. The last one I had in decent condition I got 75 for it in the Midwest and that took a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chestnut is the most common color but I have sold several Contis north of $150 in our shop - most of these I price at around $200 but they have new rubber, cables, bearings, the whole 9 yards. 22" frames are the best sellers. I try not to pay more than $50 for any lightweight Chicago Schwinn and $30 is average.

In the Chicago area I sold one somewhere around $100 this last spring. It dd not look as nice as yours. I also gave my parents a his and hers set a few years back that I refurbished and were in very nice condition (Almost Mint) to begin with. They just needed new tires, brake pads, and a good polish. My father still rides his. (He is still in decent shape for a mid 70's year old man), and has not slowed down yet. Although he has gotten a bit more stubborn over the years. I think I may have inherited that trait.

continental.JPG

My mom has recently had spine surgery, and I don't think she will ever get out on hers again. The doctors recommended a stationary bike for rehab, so I gave her a mid 70's Schwinn stationary bike that she has setup in front of the TV. Last weekend my 3 1/2 year old niece was riding it while the family was watching a football game, even though she could not reach the seat she still managed. Her twin brother was using a stair walker machine that is right next to it. (I wish I would have thought to capture a photo).

Most of the lightweight Schwinns I had (Varsitys / Continentals / Suburbans) were purchased early on in the hobby usually for under 40$, and they all needed a little bit of work to get them riding again. I have since sold most of them off now. I never really needed to purchase many new parts, as I once had about 6-7 of them, and a few female frames were purchased along the way specifically to get the others going again, and then the extra spare parts were sold off in component packages for a low price that allowed them to be moved quickly.

Last edited:
Back