When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a seat clamp

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I have seen this type clamp before but cannot find any info or images of it. Someone was talking about them not too long ago. I'm guessing '50s? Would love to know what bikes and it's age. Thanks

IMG_0140 (1).jpg

Is that one for 1" tubing or the larger CroMo tubing? I've seen a couple of the prewar Superiors with those clamps, first models to have the removable seat post clamps. But I can't find you a picture of one. I believe @rennfaron has some in his files.

I just picked one of these up Thursday and thought the same thing/question.
Has to be a lightweight thing.
Yeah, decals on the green bike make me think 49/50, first one I've seen the clamp on.

That green one is a 49/50. Was originally in Massachusetts and bought by another member here. We PM'd for awhile about it because I also ended up with a green post-war Superior. Mine came from a collector in California. The bikes were mostly the same, but one of the differences was the seat clamp - the one from Massachusetts had a tapered clamp as shown here and the one from California had a standard New World style clamp. Neither one looked to have been a replacement and both matched up with marks on the frame tube. The neon green 1949 ladies' model Superior that sold recently on here also had a New World style clamp. There is a red color 1949 Superior that has been on eBay for awhile that also uses a New World clamp. There was a sky blue colored Superior that sold on eBay awhile back, and I think that one had a tapered clamp if I remember correctly. 1949 catalog image shows a standard clamp. I would guess the post-war Superior could come with either the tapered clamp or the New World style.

1660665675554.png

Last edited:
Has anyone ever seen a post-war Superior with its supposedly original Brooks B73 triple spring saddle on it? The image above shows a B73 but I've never seen one on a post-war Superior. I've seen several with old horsehair and fabrikoid mattress saddles, but never a B73 saddle.

Back