When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a Spyder, please.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Screenshot_20220827-201522.png

Oddly enough the 1967 Sears Spring/Summer catalog did still offer the solo polo seat. The bike it's on looks Murray made, but The Rail shown there is made by Huffy....so they did carry both makers at the same time.

Yes, an at one point or another Huffy made some AMF bikes, and AMF made Murray a couple models, Murray made a couple AMF models, they all made bikes for Sears and a half dozen or more store chains. Hence the sock drawer comment.
They were so busy making bikes for each other they had to have someone else make bikes for them!
Schwinn after the 1950s had it right; make your own bikes, no store brands and no crossbuilding models for other companies.

I didn't see that, but I really did. They all trade off making bikes for each other? 🤣

Last edited:
Nice find....and lucky You I am sitting right here in my comp. room with the same bike 18 inches from Me...The back wheel looks like a Schwinn S2 to me........That wheel could be older than the bike....Your bike is a Huffy.......Mine has a Bendix 70 brake on it......I have also seen a Murray version of it in the same color....I would venture to say that its not rare.....
I dont think it would be feasible to completely and correctly restore it.....although parts for that wont be terribly hard to find......You might watch for a girls bike like a Huffy Forest Rose or Cactus Flower and take it from there......Good Luck....

Back