When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with a Spyder, please.

-
Huffy ans Murray both made those bikes. It is a sock drawer on them. 7H would be a Huffy and you have to determine what decade by style and accessories.
The silver spray will come off with gasoline or possibly laquer thinner.

I have the Murray version!(well. The frame and forks)🤣

58DD47AB-E456-4376-A17C-22986A1F6012.jpeg

Is there an H on the drop out serial number? I think 7H...... makes it a 67. The number under the crank doesn't look familiar. I just had a girls Huffy T-Bird that was a 65 and had that seat, but it also had the same sissy bar that was used on early 64 Schwinn's. Guessing they were left overs after Schwinn stopped using that style in 65. Your strut is stamped persons near the axle mount too, but it's not a style Schwinn ever used. Good seat core to have if it's not rotted through!
The early stingray bars were square backed and all but one year had crimps where the Q bolts mount.

Hoping for some of you muscle bike gents can help me out here. I found this crusty but complete looking Sears Spyder 20” during a ride today on “big trash day” and brought it home. I don’t know the year or who made it for Sears and guessing mid to late sixties? Looks originally a violet color, with a slight silver spray bomb on one side, unfortunately. The wide bars, Persons sissy bar with Stimsonite reflector and Crown pedals are cool, but I have no idea of value on any of it. I’d consider selling it or parts, or possibly clean up and tires and keep it, as I sure don’t have anything like this one.
Any info is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 1686197

View attachment 1686198

View attachment 1686199

View attachment 1686200

View attachment 1686201

View attachment 1686202

View attachment 1686203

View attachment 1686204

View attachment 1686205

View attachment 1686206

View attachment 1686207