When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help with a wheel lock

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I haven't seen this particular lock before, but I am familiar with the flat keys.

How they usually work is that you open the lock by pushing the key in the slot. When the lock is open, the key is locked in position. By closing the lock you disengage the key again.

The bend in the key doesn't look OEM to me, so you may have to straighten it for it to be able to engage the mechanism correctly. It needs to go in fully.

I would expect the lock to contain a spring which opens the lock when the key is pressed in position (and also keeps the locking bar out of the spokes while riding).

thanks all for your insight and information on the lock. juvela i believe it's a bianchi folgore, but I could be wrong. will post some pics later today, looking forward for your knowledge, your the man

-----

thank you for the model name

folgore is Italian for lightning/thunderbolt

there was a Macchi fighter aircraft of the second world war with this name. it was Macchi C. 202 -

Noli-Cattaneo was founded in Pavia in 1922. the firm's full name is Industria Meccanica Di Precisione Noli Cattaneo & C. the bicycle pedals produced are better known under the brand name Sheffield.

the company/family also had a business which produced agricultural equipment.

look forward to photos & information on the machine when you are ready! ;)

-----

This is really @juvela 's fault. He shouldn't have mentioned Macchi. :D

If I had the money and the space (yes, that's why I buy lottery tickets), I'd be collecting racing aeroplanes. And a Macchi-Castoldi MC72 is #1 on my list of grail machines. It set the world speed record for piston engine-powered seaplanes in 1934. Which still stands.

1k0.jpg

OK, back to bicycle locks.

-----

It's only logical.

We come to a forum dedicated to old bicycles...

...for the purpose of discussing aeroplanes. :openmouth:

Well, there's always the Wright brothers...

-----

as they say in the car biz, she's a roller. after some oil, a little wiggle jiggle came free. I didn't straighten the key. it was spring loaded. not sure how it comes off, unless you can open the cover to get to the screws. it's so much easier pushing the bike instead of carrying on my shoulder

20200805_135256.jpg

-----

thank you for the update

good to read you got her sorted

the lock marking appears to be HB in the photo; is that correct, or could it be IB?

-----

as they say in the car biz, she's a roller. after some oil, a little wiggle jiggle came free. I didn't straighten the key. it was spring loaded. not sure how it comes off, unless you can open the cover to get to the screws. it's so much easier pushing the bike instead of carrying on my shoulder

View attachment 1242250
I want to see the whole bike Jim. I have a '47 Folgore with a Cambio Corsa drivetrain. What does this one have? V/r Shawn

Back