When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Appraising Four Vintage Bikes

-

Emily Cee

On Training Wheels
Hi, new here, you all seem to be very knowledgeable so I am hoping you can help me. I am located in NH and am cleaning out the basement of an early 1800's building. I have found four bicycles so far. My main questions are, how much I should sell them for and are there any red flags you notice. I am not sure how many pics I am allowed to post but I have a lot
. Anyway...

Bike #1 Huffy Eldorado Two serial numbers I could find 3H084107 and HP6097828

Bike #2 Huffy Carrera 10 Speed, have not yet located serial number

Bike #3 Raleigh Record I can see this needs restoration but I have no idea how it affects the value

Bike #4 Concord Selecta 12 Freedom 12

Thank you!
DSCN1411.JPG
DSCN1412.JPG
DSCN1413.JPG
DSCN1415.JPG
DSCN1416.JPG
DSCN1417.JPG
DSCN1420.JPG
DSCN1421.JPG
DSCN1423.JPG
DSCN1424.JPG
DSCN1426.JPG
DSCN1427.JPG
DSCN1429.JPG
DSCN1430.JPG
DSCN1443.JPG
DSCN1447.JPG
DSCN1451.JPG
DSCN1452.JPG
DSCN1454.JPG

Welcome to our group!
I'm not up on modern stuff, but someone should chime in to help you.
These to be sold as a group or individually? Insurance sale or similar?

Huffy Eldorado....$50-$100
Huffy Carrera.... give it so someone in need
Concord Selecta... $100 maybe
Raleigh Record... $100 maybe

I wouldn't put in any time or effort in them, definitely don't restore them, you'd be in way over your head with cost verse value. They seem to be in decent shape, so slap $50 a piece on them and see who bites. Disclaimer: I am in no way a bike appraiser, but I do know how to work my way around google

They're in decent shape, but they all look late 1960's or early 1970's, I'd class them more as used bikes than collector's items, and they need work. The Raleigh's worth more than the others, but there's a lot of old 10 speeds around. I'd put them on Craigslist for maybe $100.00 for the Raleigh, $60.00 for the others, and if they don't sell in a couple of weeks, drop the price until they do.

3H prefix on the Huffy..1963.
As for value, because it is a girls bike, (no offense ladies), I agree with the $50-75 number.
If the tanklight battery tray is intact and still functional then on the higher end of the spectrum.

No nothing of the others.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello. Welcome to The CABE. Here's the market in my area... Those bikes would sit on Craigslist forever unless you went cheap. The market is flooded with similar bikes. You might sell the Concord for 50$.... maybe. The rest could be bundled for $100. Individually 40$ for the Huffy, the other two 35$ each. The Huffy looks nice but ladies models don't fetch much nor do 10 speeds of that era that need any work.

Last edited:
Although they are old they have no collector appeal. Dont put any money into them.I would try to clean and get them ride able .

If you wanted to sell those around Boston, you could maybe get a little more for the 10/12 speeds with a little cleaning up, but I think the fixie craze is pretty much done (these kinds of bikes that were $20 bikes went for relatively ridiculous prices for a few years to people buying them for fixed gear or single speed conversions), so I don't think either would get more than $150 in rideable condition on the right day. To me, it wouldn't be worth the effort to do more than put them on CL for pretty much what everyone above has said.

The el dorado is the coolest, in my opinion. With the fender ornament, tank, and all the other stuff, it'd probably bring in $150 in california.

The Raleigh could get you a few bucks, some people collect those.

The rest are thrift store bikes.

Back