When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Bendix Two Speed Yellow band hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

David Carlo

On Training Wheels
Own a 60’s Typhoon with the two speed hub. Works well in first gear but I hear a mild grinding sound when I shift to second gear. Looking for someone that can refurbish the hub so it works well.

Own a 60’s Typhoon with the two speed hub. Works well in first gear but I hear a mild grinding sound when I shift to second gear. Looking for someone that can refurbish the hub so it works well.
Does the hub shift between both gears? A Yellow band in low gear there will have a "growling " noise and it is completely normal.

soft clicking
That does not sound right. I see you are in Boise, I'm not sure how easy you can find someone to service that hub. You may find someone on the site who will but shipping will be an issue. Have you ever serviced a hub yourself? That may end up being your best option. Good luck and keep posting how you are making out.

Thanks for the feedback. I have not serviced a hub before, and I would prefer to have someone with experience to determine the fix. My local bike shop suggested that I keep riding and not open the hub. My preference is to fix since I like to ride all of my bikes and not to be concerned with the hub breaking down. I would be willing to pay for the shipping.

Is it the auto kick back Bendix 2 speed or is it a shifter ? Got a pic? Ive rebuilt a few of the 2 speed auto's.

If you have any mechanical ability they are not hard to rebuild. As was mentioned above they are a noisy hub even when gone through. If you decide to tackle it yourself message me and I will send you an exploded view of it.

Thanks for the feedback. I have not serviced a hub before, and I would prefer to have someone with experience to determine the fix. My local bike shop suggested that I keep riding and not open the hub. My preference is to fix since I like to ride all of my bikes and not to be concerned with the hub breaking down. I would be willing to pay for the shipping.

Is it the auto kick back Bendix 2 speed or is it a shifter ? Got a pic? Ive rebuilt a few of the 2 speed auto's.
I was thinking he was talking about a kick back. It still may be the usual sound, not to say it should not be serviced.

It is a kick back.
7B4C680D-BC21-4096-87FC-C38E075DC5AE.jpeg

I'll rebuild it, I love getting my hands on those things !!! I totally get you wanting it to work right, I love riding mine !

Back