When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with bike id!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

lloyd's dad

On Training Wheels
I am new to the site and I am wondering about the age, history and approx. value of this bike. The wheels are wooden, the badge says "Deluxe Flyer". It has a 3 speed internal gear mechanism. It is rather rusty and I am wondering if it is worth restoring or if I should just hang it on the wall.

Thanks,

Bg

Attachments

• DSC04095.jpg
    DSC04095.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC04084.jpg
    DSC04084.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC04091.jpg
    DSC04091.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC04090.jpg
    DSC04090.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC04096.jpg
    DSC04096.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 183
  • DSC04086.jpg
    DSC04086.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC04087.jpg
    DSC04087.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 174
I would say its about 1916-1918? don't quote me heavily but around those years on the year exactly but i do know its made by Davis.

I would be very interested in buying it if you ever wanted to let it go :)

hope it helps, Nick.

I thnk this is a Davis frame per the side placed screws on the badge. Not sure if it's original though. Fork isn't correct. Never saw that sprocket on a Davis. Nice $200 stem.

My advice would be stand it inside in front of a wall and do nothing for a month; even that rear stand is got character!

The most important step in every bike restoration is to do nothing... absolutely nothing because the current condition has a story and a value as is that is lost during a "restoration". Then, after you've thought about it for a while, use some Simple Green and a damp rag and gently wipe it down... and then go back to doing nothing while you read and research.

It's a very cool bike. I've got a 1919 Davis bike. You'll find a lot of information in the forum here and a lot of helpful people... and an email box full of people asking to buy it or parts off it.

Welcome.

Bill

Back