When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Challenger

-
R

rjohnson114

My daughter bought and old bike at the Goodwill store where she works. Got it home and did a little research. Serial number is M06 10X8 107565. I think that makes it a 1966 B.F. Goodrich Challenger. It is way better shape than I thought. It has Challenger label on front post and B.F. Goodrich Vanguard II on chain guard. All is easy to read and cypher what it says. Basically it only needs a new seat, tires and tubes. All the chrome has very minor surface rust. Any help would be appreciated in regards to what my daughter should do to restore it. She wants a shiny red bike. Also I think it had reflectors and maybe a flat rack on the back, if it did they are missing.

post a few pictures of it, pictures go a long way in determing what you have and if you have original parts or not. There are a lot of knowledgeable C.A.B.E members hear that can tell you what you need to know and point you in the right direction. good luck

Yes, you certainly need to post pictures.

But here is a breakdown of your serial number (thanks to Kenny/30thtbird:(

MO6=Murray of Ohio 1966
10=Model Number
X8=?
107565=Unknown, could be a production seguence, catalog number, etc.

You say that your bike is a BF Goodrich? According to the list, there is no "X8". There is an "X7" code for BF Goodrich, and an "X10" for Western Auto. Could you have gotten things mixed up?

I have a 1966 B.F. Goodrich Challenger, too. Does it look like this?

Barbara Ann 1.png

Back