When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help With Dad's Murray

-

SueOnTheRun

On Training Wheels
I need a little help - found this bike in my Dad's shed. Mom said he used it in the factory he worked for travel to all parts of the production line and they gave him the bike when he retired in 92. It doesn't seem to be worth much but I would like to get it functioning well enough to bop around. I am curious about the date of this one. I seems it might be Murray Monterrey 1990 based. Can someone help me out?

2017-10-09 07.13.48.jpg

2017-10-09 07.17.33.jpg

2017-10-09 07.34.57.jpg

2017-10-09 10.09.07.jpg

Welcome!
I wish I had one of my dads old cycles to 'bop around' on.
I can't really help out with any relevant information unfortunately but I'm sure someone on here will be of assistance.
Good luck with your project (love the colour), and when it's rideable I look forward to seeing it in the "What bike did you ride today" thread.

It looks like it has a 1990 date on it which seems about right. No collector value to this but should make an ok rider. Just check the tubes and tires and a basic safety check--is everything tight? It probably wouldn't hurt to go ahead and service both hubs, head tube and bottom bracket bearings as well. I wouldn't spend any real money though. V/r Shawn

Around the end of the American made era. You can tell even without the decals, as they used the pointy rear dropouts, dating back to 1958.

Back