When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with dating this trike?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

crabkeef

Look Ma, No Hands!
Year of this? Rare? I’m restoring it…need tires and pedals and grips too..

junior tricycle, some kind of Rocket? Chain drive…

48775694-5248-4834-B70C-FD764A6BAE36.jpeg

6152EA27-85EC-44F2-A8F0-D75B8CBD3921.jpeg

This tricycle dates to the mid/late 1950s and was made by AMF Junior. If you Google "AMF rocket tricycle" you'll see images of this trike in various color schemes as well as what the front badge decal should look like. Not really a rare trike as they come up for sale on ebay regularly, but one that had an interesting and unique design. A couple neighbor kids had one of these in green when I was growing up back in the late 1950s.

Dave

This one is the chain drive though. Significantly larger than the little front wheel drive ones I see everywhere. That’s why I’m asking after it. One guy says it’s a prototype, but that can’t really be if I have one as well…

This one is the chain drive though. Significantly larger than the little front wheel drive ones I see everywhere. That’s why I’m asking after it. One guy says it’s a prototype, but that can’t really be if I have one as well…
You are correct about it not being a prototype. Here's a couple images of the chain drive rocket trike in two slightly different frame styles. You can find the replacement front fender decal on ebay. To date it a bit closer, it is from the late 1950s. The blue one below is on ebay right now but quite pricey at over $800.

rocket trike2.jpg

rocket trike1.jpg

Last edited:
I just looked at the pics someone posted from ML swap today and saw 2 red ones in the pics. Not chain drive though.

I just looked at the pics someone posted from ML swap today and saw 2 red ones in the pics. Not chain drive though.
Yea I posted those and the common denominator among all of these is they are all missing the red “rocket” caps. V/r Shawn

I have the “style” of the blue one. I have some rocket caps, little reflectors for the license plate holes… sadly only one proginal Pedal…. Given up tying to be 100% original, but once I let that go, I realized I can h ave a color that doesn’t make me Wanna puke! It’s just for fun, learning the resto process.

Back