When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Hawthorne serial number

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ben

On Training Wheels
I was cleaning out my mom's stuff last weekend and came across a old (?) Hawthorne girl's bike. Serial number is C01633. Any ideas how old it is? What it's worth? ETC?

Would love to see some pics. Will definitely help in figuring out what you have. Welcome to The Cabe!

Are there any letters off to the far right hand side like maybe an ACw or Cw, with the small w inside the Large C?

The pics are uploading, I guess it takes awhile?? Dave, Right hand side of what part of the bike? Also, under the crank it says 74 and then fh or eh not real clear.

Sorry, I was just going to ad that it would be on the far right hand side under the crank next to the serial number.

IMG_0616.jpg
IMG_0617.jpg
IMG_0620.jpg
IMG_0621.jpg

Dave, the serial number that I found is on the vertical frame coming up from the crank about halfway up, and the 74eh or 74fh is on the bottom of the crank.

The 74EH is the important part here. The frame was built by HP Snyder and that dates it as a 1947 build. Parts on it agree with that.

I guess my question is aside from sentimental reasons, what could it be worth either as is or fixed up?

Back