When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID!!! Arc Bar!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustyspoke66

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
This belongs to a friend of mine locally and we are trying to figure out what it is.
List of features.
-Headbadge screw holes = 3 the top two being the same height and bottom one centered.
-Seat stays look Schwinnish or many others
-Rear dropouts have no adjusters.
-Truss design is fits many manufactures like Schwinn and Westfield.
-Fork looks Westfield?
-Sprocket even looks a bit Westfield.
-Picture of serial number if that helps.
image (1).jpg
image.jpg
photo.jpg

image (1).jpg

image.jpg

photo.jpg

Ok the more I look around thing looks more Davis built and the headbadge screws seem to line up with a Yale type badge...

Readers ... it is important that you ALSO read entry # 6 of this thread.

rustyspoke66 ... it's Miami-Built ... 1917 thru 1922 ... the seat stays are of the Miami-Built variety
that pinch in above that thick, Miami fender bridge. NOT ALL MIAMI-BUILT MACHINES PINCH-IN ABOVE
THAT FAT FENDER BRIDGE.

No rear-axel adjusters .. a Miami trait ... BUT NOT ALWAYS ....... SOME MIAMI-BUILT MACHINES DO HAVE
SCREW-TYPE AXEL ADJUSTERS.

Would like to see what the truss-area of the fork looks like from many (7+) points of view.

How about some close-up pics of joins made during frame construction.

FOTOS .. and plenty of them will help document what is what on these ever-changing, Miami-Built machines.

Merry Christmas To You, rustyspoke66 ! ! !

........... patric

miami cycle co.   001.jpg

Note Lack of Axel-Adjusters ... Note Pinch-In Area Of Upper Seat Stays .................

Last edited:
Very cool, i was very confused. I'll get more pictures this week and maybe a hint of the original color. Merry Christmas.

rustyspoke66 ... it's Miami-Built ... 1917 thru 1922 ... the s
FOTOS .. and plenty of them will help document what is what on these ever-changing, Miami-Built machines.
Note Lack of Axel-Adjusters ... Note Pinch-In Area Of Upper Seat Stays .................

Patric does it again !!!! More great info!

Readers .. it is important that you ALSO read entry # 3 of this thread.

Well ... Hold up there, Catfish !!! My eye placed a 'bead' on that frame, yesterday ...
but some consideration needs to be given toward that fork .. as it DOES appear in
the foto with that frame.

This typer really has very-little experience in the i.d.-ing of anything Miami related.

Miami Cycle & Manuf. Co. typically produces much variation in "their" fenders ..their
forks .. their built-in chain adjusters .. or the 'lack' there-of .. their frame lugging ...
their trumpet-mouth joins .. their fender-roll edging .. and now THIS TRUSS FORK !!!

Although the 'upper-trusses going to a single-termination point' variety SEEMS to
be the most heavily-assigned fork of the Miami truss-forks ... dual-termination top points
have been noted.

And now .. we are peepin' a fork that apparently has removable trusses .. one foto does
not capture the lower-truss termination points ... that area is not included in the overall
foto .... and the other foto ... has those removable truss forks totally removed.

Usually .. if i make a bicycle discovery ...'this' happens .. and 'that' happens .. and i hear
a bell ring.

But today .. apparently .. i am deaf .. dumb and blind ... and FAR From Playing a "mean pinball".

Merry Christmas To You ALL !!!!

........... patric

un-identified frame of teen's-era archbar.jpg
un-identified fork of teen's-era archbar.jpg

Last edited:
How about the serial numbers placement/alignment? I thought Miami was similar to Davis in going around the BB (front to back?) instead of across (left to right) like this one shows.

What are the original colors under the repaint?

chitown ... these fotos were posted in (my) entry # 51 of the
"Anyone Own A Miami Flying Merkel Bicycle ?"

Except for this one instance of front to back stamping on a Miami-Built ..
(like a Davis serial stamping) ... ALL OTHER Miami-Built rides have been
observed to have pedal to pedal serial stampings.

............... patric

DAVIS%20year%20of%20manuf_%20stampings  copy.jpg
Davis-Built%20ARROW%20%20dave%20the%20wave%20%20%20cabe%20copy  copy.jpg
Davis-Built ARROW bottom == dave the wave  cabe copy.jpg
Miami-Built%20ARROW%20dave%20the%20wave%20%20cabe%20copy  copy.jpg
Miami-Built%20ARROW%20%20%20%20bottom%20numbers%20%20cabe%20copy  copy.jpg

Ok, Here are more pictures. This has many, many signs of Miami but the headbadge is the most elusive at this point. The badge looks to have left a impression so I will try to get some better pics of that. This bike is in the next state over so I have to wait for pictures.
image (2).jpg
image (3).jpg
image (6).jpg
image (7).jpg
image (8).jpg
image (9).jpg
image (10).jpg

rustyspoke66 ... wow ... those are some great fotos you snapped of your arch-bar !!

That E-Z Off Truss feature has me stymied ...... Westfield ?? .. Miami ?? .. Westfield / Miami ???

.............. patric

image%20(9).jpg

.... how about a good shot of the bottom of the fork legs and bottom of the truss-rods .. ?? ..........

Last edited:
Back