When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID. Dad's Wagon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Evans200

I live for the CABE
In Memoriam
This pic is of my Dad in his wagon taken about 1933. He was born in 1929 and I'm guessing he was about 4 at the time. His name is Raymond. I'd like to find a wagon like this and have his name done on the side just like the picture. Was this common at the time? My grandparents weren't rich, this is during the depression and it's hard to imagine they could have paid to have his name painted on the wagon. It appears to have a brake lever as well. Any help ID-ing the wagon would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
000168_2968038wq0325j93fdh524_C_550x328.jpg

Last edited:
From what I've been able to find in the collector book "Riding Toys", it appears to be an American National wagon, probably sold by subsidiary company Gendron. The bed, wheels, and even the design of the light area where the "Raymond" name is located follow the AN design exactly. I did see one catalog image of this style wagon with no graphics on the side - just the lighter area, but the text didn't say anything about custom graphics you could order. The Raymond name does look factory applied, however, and it could have been a limited offer to have your child's name applied on advance orders, possibly at no extra charge or maybe just a nominal fee. That's just my take on it.

Dave

From what I've been able to find in the collector book "Riding Toys", it appears to be an American National wagon, probably sold by subsidiary company Gendron. The bed, wheels, and even the design of the light area where the "Raymond" name is located follow the AN design exactly. I did see one catalog image of this style wagon with no graphics on the side - just the lighter area, but the text didn't say anything about custom graphics you could order. The Raymond name does look factory applied, however, and it could have been a limited offer to have your child's name applied on advance orders, possibly at no extra charge or maybe just a nominal fee. That's just my take on it.

Dave
Thanks Dave for taking the time to help me out. This will aid me in my search, Al

Back