When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID of Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

schwinnnewbie

Look Ma, No Hands!
IMAG0121.gif

IMAG0120.gif

Thanks, guys. It's my 80 year old aunt's bike and she took the photos. I'm trying to help her out and she wants to sell it. Just don't want her to get taken.

This is an early sting-ray.I am not too smart on rays but I believe this is a 64 or 65 model in the popular coppertone.Check ebay for values.Post the serial number from the left rear drop out to determine exact yar.

chain guard logo will also tell, 1964 (i think) had the inverted logo (lettering color of bike) as opposed to Lettering being White. The Solo Polo seat suggest 64 or so. Either way = big money! $400-600 maybe

Thats one clean Sting Ray, It does look like a possible Super rare 63 j38 "1st year", that smooth seat gives it away,also the studded rear tire. or a early 64, the serial numbers will tell the real story.A truly super rare collector bike, pretty much the dream of early ray collectors.The sting ray market has changed a bit over the years,value wise, Ive seen those go for as high as 3 grand years ago,but now theres more early rays out in the market now than ever.One thing to say,you do own a nice piece of cycle history and have some diehard collectors drooling.:cool:

Thanks

Thats one clean Sting Ray, It does look like a possible Super rare 63 j38 "1st year", that smooth seat gives it away,also the studded rear tire. or a early 64, the serial numbers will tell the real story.A truly super rare collector bike, pretty much the dream of early ray collectors.The sting ray market has changed a bit over the years,value wise, Ive seen those go for as high as 3 grand years ago,but now theres more early rays out in the market now than ever.One thing to say,you do own a nice piece of cycle history and have some diehard collectors drooling.:cool:

Thanks, guys. I'm heading to my aunt's tomorrow to take better pictures, take it off the wall of her storage shed and look at the serial number. I'll post them. This board is a great resource for someone like me who doesn't collect.

Back