When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID some shop basement finds

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jim Barnard

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I spent Saturday in an old schwinn shop that is closing. It has been around forever. I bought a LOT of items for myself that I could ID, I bought a LOT of items to sell to help pay the bill and I bought some items I know very little about, but in hopes that the items have worth or that I can use them in the future.

Perhaps someone knows a little about these:

A) Gray rubber sliks. Fits Schwinn.
Guess: Wheel chair tires?

B) Hub
It is laced to a pinstriped white ballooner rim

C) Ladies Tank
Very heavy duty

D) Chrome cover
Guess is shop florescent fixture cap.

E) Gray solid rubber tire w/ no markings 24"?
Guess is wheel chair

F) Light reflector
Guess is moped?

G) Adhesive backed asbestos (?) bezels.
I thought they were old patch kits. NOT
Guess ?

Sure I may have grabbed some garbage. But I cant toss anything until I am reasonable sure it is not a rare old part. I pulled the solid rubber tire out of the garbage can... because it might be a TOC child's penny farthing tire or something like that.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

You picked an old schwinn shop and will be selling some of the stuff you’ve found? I’ll will be keeping a close eye on the for sale section!

You picked an old schwinn shop and will be selling some of the stuff you’ve found? I’ll will be keeping a close eye on the for sale section!
Yes Sir!

A lot to learn before I can even price the stuff. I have already pulled 1/2 the pile for myself and if I am good, the balance will cover the cash outlay. I had been in the basement 20 times in the past and was still surprised to unearth things I had not seen before.

Jim

Doesn't the bottom tire in the first picture read "fits Schwinn S5 or S6"? Its upside down but legible. Now what did Schwinn S5 or S6 rims come on?

Doesn't the bottom tire in the first picture read "fits Schwinn S5 or S6"? Its upside down but legible. Now what did Schwinn S5 or S6 rims come on?
Yep

24 x 1 1/4.

So 24" lightweight.

They must have made some. Why did this bike shop have 20 Pair?

G) Adhesive backed asbestos (?) bezels.
I thought they were old patch kits. NOT
Guess ?

Those look like the old hot patches -- clamp them patch side down on tire or tube, and then light the material that looks like asbestos -- lots of smoke, but they worked well.

Back