When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with I.D. this bike.

-
A

arclight943

Hello all. Just asking if anyone has run across one of these bikes. The only identifying marks on this are an ornate sticker on the seat tube that has olympic rings and the "Elite" sticker on the sides of the down tube and badge. I'm guessing a Steyr of some make, but again it's just a guess. It came with vittoria white wall tires, Altenburger brake levers, Van Scothorst wheels and some Taiwan hubs, with "Simplex" components. If anyone has info on this bicycle I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Much thanks,

Chris

Elite2-1.jpg

Elite3-1.jpg

Elite1-1.jpg

The olympic rings and the crown were Rixe logos. So far as I know, all the Rixe bicycles used Simplex Deraileurs, and Weinman brakes, b ut it appears your bicycle is a little newer than mine, and all teh ones I have been able to find on the internet. They were medium priced German bicycles, and never gained much following in the United States.

Hello all. Just asking if anyone has run across one of these bikes. The only identifying marks on this are an ornate sticker on the seat tube that has olympic rings and the "Elite" sticker on the sides of the down tube and badge. I'm guessing a Steyr of some make, but again it's just a guess. It came with vittoria white wall tires, Altenburger brake levers, Van Scothorst wheels and some Taiwan hubs, with "Simplex" components. If anyone has info on this bicycle I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

Much thanks,

Chris

View attachment 494439

View attachment 494440

View attachment 494441
I have this same bike. If u found out what type of bike it is please email me at
[email protected]

20200609_105458.jpg

20200609_105509.jpg

Back