When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID of Schwinn

-
I stripped this whole car with a cup wire wheel on a 15K RPM grinder, the old lacquer black paint smelled terrible and the wires were stuck in my shirt and my beard, I wore eye protection, The shinny metal looked so nice I just cleared over the dare metal. When that grinder found the lead on the body seams it slowed down alot. I sprayed furniture clear lacquer on it, it looked great.

20210402_084453.jpg

20210313_130002.jpg

Last edited:
Wow that car is sweet! Maybe there is hope for my bike yet. I noticed today that my bikes original grips are red under the electrical tape someone wrapped them in. Could this be a clue to what model this bike might have been along with the red forks and rack support? I think I might repaint it in the same colors.

Use non toxic paint stripper. Much less work and safer, Also will do a better job. Brush it on cover with plastic and next day take a scotch brite pad and paint will peel right off.

Use non toxic paint stripper. Much less work and safer, Also will do a better job. Brush it on cover with plastic and next day take a scotch brite pad and paint will peel right off.
Spray it with Goof Off Professional Graffiti Remover. Ain't Nobody wanna wait overnight & still have to scotch brite that mess 😝

That Goof Off remover is the closest thing I can find next to air craft stripper that hasn't been chemically weakened down like lemon scented oven cleaner which will do the same job basically in a trash bag Maybe

Spray it with Goof Off Professional Graffiti Remover. Ain't Nobody wanna wait overnight & still have to scotch brite that mess 😝

That Goof Off remover is the closest thing I can find next to air craft stripper that hasn't been chemically weakened down like lemon scented oven cleaner which will do the same job basically in a trash bag Maybe
You still gotta clean it off. Stripper is much easier to work with and will remove original paint as well to bare metal. They all take time to work goof off won't strip it in 15 min either and twice the price.

You still gotta clean it off. Stripper is much easier to work with and will remove original paint as well to bare metal. They all take time to work goof off won't strip it in 15 min either and twice the price.
Goof Off Graffiti remover hasn't been chemically weakened so it will still chem.burn your skin vs BS like Citri Strip that basically will just give your original paint a nice barely thinned down scent. I'll bet you 15 mins of Goof Off Graffiti remover will do a lot more damage to both an over painted frame & original paint than any eco friendly "safe" strippers would begin to do. Hell double it 30 mins & If I'm wrong then I'll admit it. I'd rather spend
$9-12 for a tall can vs having to BS recoat, scrub, and wait to find out I wasted time + money. Not arguing and saying you're wrong or anything but I know what I have used, experience, and my personal preferences.

Oh and as far as cleaning it off; water hose with a multiple adjustable pressure sprayer; typically any garden hose end 🤔

Back