When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with ID of Schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Goof Off Graffiti remover hasn't been chemically weakened so it will still chem.burn your skin vs BS like Citri Strip that basically will just give your original paint a nice barely thinned down scent. I'll bet you 15 mins of Goof Off Graffiti remover will do a lot more damage to both an over painted frame & original paint than any eco friendly "safe" strippers would begin to do. Hell double it 30 mins & If I'm wrong then I'll admit it. I'd rather spend
$9-12 for a tall can vs having to BS recoat, scrub, and wait to find out I wasted time + money. Not arguing and saying you're wrong or anything but I know what I have used, experience, and my personal preferences.
I've been a painter for 35 years and have used everything imaginable. I said paint stripper not citrastrip. It dosn't have to burn your skin to work anymore. Go to any paint store its way less work in the end. Naked Gun paint stripper will do it just as fast but there are less harsh that do the same, with less effects to your health, I had to quit painting because of stuff like that. but the longer it sits the better it will be in the end. You can't rush paint. Also it won't leave residue that will cause paint failure later with adhesion.

I've been a painter for 35 years and have used everything imaginable. I said paint stripper not citrastrip. It dosn't have to burn your skin to work anymore. Go to any paint store its way less work in the end. Naked Gun paint stripper will do it just as fast but there are less harsh that do the same, with less effects to your health, I had to quit painting because of stuff like that. but the longer it sits the better it will be in the end. You can't rush paint. Also it won't leave residue that will cause paint failure later with adhesion.
I'm just going to say You win👍🏻
When it comes to stripping bikes I'll stick to my wire wheels. I have No Problem getting into the nooks crannies & crevices🤷‍♂️

I'm just going to say You win👍🏻
When it comes to stripping bikes I'll stick to my wire wheels. I have No Problem getting into the nooks crannies & crevices🤷‍♂️
No biggie. Just trying to help a bit. I used all that stuff on a daily basis. As long as it works in the end i guess its all good.

No biggie. Just trying to help a bit. I used all that stuff on a daily basis. As long as it works in the end i guess its all good.
Ok. Yep & I guess how fast someone wants to get there is up to them & what's readily available to them/their budgets

I think all the above methods are great, and I would recommend what ever one fits your budget and time. You did great at only spending $50 on the bike. That leaves plenty of room for upgrades.

I think all the above methods are great, and I would recommend what ever one fits your budget and time. You did great at only spending $50 on the bike. That leaves plenty of room for upgrades.
Agreed on both statements. I see potential whether goin' back towards original amateur restore or even a cool custom. Waiting to see where this canti Schwinn ends up

Thanks for all the advice, now just need time to start disassembling it. Just want to make it better than it is but will certainly be an amatuer restoration. Maybe I will look for a tank for it, repaint and mechanical refurbishment.

Back