When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identification and value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Huntingtonbikeguru

Look Ma, No Hands!
I was called this week to help a family liquidate an estate and these bicycles are part of the decedent’s collection. Here are some photos. I would appreciate any additional information about places to find info on these bikes as to their history and value. Thanks in advance.

The first three photos are of a rear steer tandem. Next two are of a Columbia badged direct drive with wood wheels. Last one is of a 2006 Little 500 IU race bike.

356DA287-16A0-4343-8C50-B6B695569D7C.jpeg

EE814411-945F-440E-9380-E84E0D979929.jpeg

E8E5CC66-8214-496A-83A2-B65922E2BD66.jpeg

959F6742-9FBC-47C4-9331-F1AA6AB7C8E3.jpeg

7129E3D2-A664-4CC9-8EF6-CC520167182B.jpeg

32458EE5-4941-4446-B7E9-3D8320E1BBCE.jpeg

Very cool!
The Columbia chainless should have a model number stamped onto the badge if you look closely, that would tell us the year specifically.
Looks like it is missing some original hardware but still retains strong value I believe- in the area of 1,000 I would say.

Tandems can be tough but that is an early version of the G&J Rambler tandem, 1896/7 maybe? , I think I may have the equal opposite tandem, missing the badge, original bars but is the mens / mens version. Do you see any major damage on either bike that would be problematic?

Very cool!
The Columbia chainless should have a model number stamped onto the badge if you look closely, that would tell us the year specifically.
Looks like it is missing some original hardware but still retains strong value I believe- in the area of 1,000 I would say.

Tandems can be tough but that is an early version of the G&J Rambler tandem, 1896/7 maybe? , I think I may have the equal opposite tandem, missing the badge, original bars but is the mens / mens version. Do you see any major damage on either bike that would be problematic?
I really did not look closely, but it appears to be in good shape. I will keep updating this thread. Thanks.

I am with Jesse on the Columbia, it is repainted and has replaced junked, incorrect, metal clad rims; there is a long way to go with this one. Plus other missing/wrong gear places it solidly as a $1,000 project bike; maybe a couple hundred more if the saddle has a sexy imprint such as: Racycle, Miami, etc.

The Rambler appears to be lacking strong original paint, block chain, pedals, at least two full grips, saddles. The cost of these missing items great hinders the value the bicycle. If one wishes to be a purist and replace the missing bits plus thrown in a pair of Robert Dean tires it take about $2,000+ for decent parts. Less if one did in on the cheap with broken-down trashed bits, or out of period replacements. With all this in mind I would value that bike around $800 +/-.

Last edited:
Back