When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identification please, 24" Straightbar

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Guest2

Hello,
I'm seeking Yall's input as to what model I have here please. 24" wheels. I bought it from a 71 y/o guy who owned it as a kid. He said he got it in like 1960.
S/N on BB states a 1950, (G164111) but I am just curious what model it could be. The distance between the mounting holes for the missing head badge are larger that the Chicago Schwinn badges I have, like a 3-1/4" What badge could have been on this bike? I would like to replace it with one that would have maybe been on this bike. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it Cabers!!

I'm sure the model # and or name changed thru the years, but it looks as if it's a BOCX or a J-30. Pretty much a no name during the early postwar years. Schwinn starting changing things around in the 50's and the same model number bike may have had a frame style change going from a DX or straight bar frame to a cantilever frame.

I'm sure the model # and or name changed thru the years, but it looks as if it's a BOCX or a J-30. Pretty much a no name during the early postwar years. Schwinn starting changing things around in the 50's and the same model number bike may have had a frame style change going from a DX or straight bar frame to a cantilever frame.
Thank You, much appreciated!

Looks like it got a newer chain guard over the years and not a straight bar but a DX style frame. and takes the standard large post war Schwinn/Spitfire/BFG badge.

Looks like it got a newer chain guard over the years and not a straight bar but a DX style frame. and takes the standard large post war Schwinn/Spitfire/BFG badge.
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it! I think I'll look for a BFG badge for it. I meant to take out the 'straight bar" in the title.
Thanks again!

Back