When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identification please, 24" Straightbar

-

Guest2

Hello,
I'm seeking Yall's input as to what model I have here please. 24" wheels. I bought it from a 71 y/o guy who owned it as a kid. He said he got it in like 1960.
S/N on BB states a 1950, (G164111) but I am just curious what model it could be. The distance between the mounting holes for the missing head badge are larger that the Chicago Schwinn badges I have, like a 3-1/4" What badge could have been on this bike? I would like to replace it with one that would have maybe been on this bike. Thanks for any help, I appreciate it Cabers!!

I'm sure the model # and or name changed thru the years, but it looks as if it's a BOCX or a J-30. Pretty much a no name during the early postwar years. Schwinn starting changing things around in the 50's and the same model number bike may have had a frame style change going from a DX or straight bar frame to a cantilever frame.

I'm sure the model # and or name changed thru the years, but it looks as if it's a BOCX or a J-30. Pretty much a no name during the early postwar years. Schwinn starting changing things around in the 50's and the same model number bike may have had a frame style change going from a DX or straight bar frame to a cantilever frame.
Thank You, much appreciated!

Looks like it got a newer chain guard over the years and not a straight bar but a DX style frame. and takes the standard large post war Schwinn/Spitfire/BFG badge.

Looks like it got a newer chain guard over the years and not a straight bar but a DX style frame. and takes the standard large post war Schwinn/Spitfire/BFG badge.
Thanks for the input, I appreciate it! I think I'll look for a BFG badge for it. I meant to take out the 'straight bar" in the title.
Thanks again!

Back