When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identification

-

jrmartin4

On Training Wheels
Hello,

A few years back I was given a bike that had been passed around the family. I have no details on where the bike came from, who made it, or how old it is. I've been riding it a lot recently and have really fallen in love with it. I'm hoping someone here can ID this bike. I want to give it a new paint job to match where and what decade it's from.

There are very few markings on the frame except the number stamped on the bottom bracket: 4G1865.

I have no information on what components are original and what has been replaced over the years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

tempImagea1KLOa.jpg

tempImageEBfJbl.jpg
tempImage6sAJHd.jpg
tempImageClnqyE.jpg
tempImageISZoXt.jpg
tempImagehHxIEz.jpg
tempImageMxwNM4.jpg
tempImagez4J4tq.jpg
tempImageMflyay.jpg
tempImaget0yKgV.jpg

Hello,

A few years back I was given a bike that had been passed around the family. I have no details on where the bike came from, who made it, or how old it is. I've been riding it a lot recently and have really fallen in love with it. I'm hoping someone here can ID this bike. I want to give it a new paint job to match where and what decade it's from.

There are very few markings on the frame except the number stamped on the bottom bracket: 4G1865.

I have no information on what components are original and what has been replaced over the years. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

View attachment 1439501
View attachment 1439502View attachment 1439503View attachment 1439504View attachment 1439505View attachment 1439506View attachment 1439507View attachment 1439508View attachment 1439509View attachment 1439510
You would be better off posting this in the international or lightweight forum or even general forum. It will get the looks it needs. Also @Mercian seems to know more then anyone about international bikes. Good luck

Hello,

View attachment 1439501
View attachment 1439502View attachment 1439503View attachment 1439504View attachment 1439505View attachment 1439506View attachment 1439507View attachment 1439508View attachment 1439509View attachment 1439510
Nice components! Looks like higher end stuff!

Back