When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identifying this bicycle's maker

-

William

On Training Wheels
Greetings,
Have this interesting antique bicycle project I've been slowly working on and was hoping some of the knowledgeable folks here could help with possibly identifying the maker of this bicycle and any other information you may care to share.

The frame color was originally black, was bought by a member of my family here in Oregon within the last decade, the handlebars which are painted black 'originally nickel plated" thread onto the stem, the seatpost has a unique binding arrangement, came with wood 28" rims in need of work, beyond that I don't really have any information beyond what the photos show.

Help is much appreciated, thanks in advance!

IMG_0831.JPG
IMG_0832.JPG
IMG_0833.JPG
IMG_0838.JPG
IMG_0834.JPG
IMG_0835.JPG

Fauber was a company that supplied cranksets wholesale to numerous manufacturers / assemblers in the US and Canada. Different chainwheels were supplied. If you're lucky, someone else here might recognize the design of the chainwheel in combination with other features of your bike. Sometimes it's impossible as there were hundreds of short-lived companies that came and went during the bike boom of the late 1890s. Nice bike though; love the saddle!

Back