When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with identifying this bike (maybe JC Higgins?) and its general value

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Pete1wray

Look Ma, No Hands!
This is a true barn find with a cranky barn owner. He says its JC Higgins but didnt want me messing with it or searching for serial numbers. It looks in remarkable good shape except for the layer of dust and grime and I am sure there is a lot of hidden rust.

Higgins?.jpg

Roger - sorry. Pix there now. I thought pix uploaded the first time and should have checked the preview. Thanks for your patience.

From the photo I see nothing worth buying at any price. The fact that he doesn't you "messing" with it tells me he thinks it's worth a fortune but if you tell him it ain't, he will very likely get insulted and tell you to take a hike. :)

Keep looking, there is much better "stuff" to be had.

Looks like a late 1970’s middle or light weight girl’s bike. It is not worth the owner’s time to even hose the dirt off. Actually the dirt is the only barn find about the item. “See, look, it has so much dirt that it must be ancient and worth a lot of money”. If I saw the bike for free or in someone else’s trash, I would not be tempted to carry it home.

Back