When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with info on JC higgins

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Brother Mythree:
As Big 8 said, the 1960 Flightliner had painted fenders. A picture of my '60 is below. I'm jealous of your saddle, which appears to be original. I tried to approximate one by painting a white edge on another saddle. If you want to be a bit more authentic, you need whitewall tires (26 X 1.75) and black grips as Big 8 describes. Have fun!

I am new to antique bikes and would like to know the model and year. I saw a sears catolog mentioned in other threads but don't see a working link.
When folks mention seeing an ad in a Sears catalog, 99/100 times they are probably referring to this compilation of Sears catalog pages. Sears sold bikes under the names of Elgin, JC Higgin, and Sears. If you’re going to collect any Sears bikes, this is invaluable as far as knowing what is correct from year to year. It’s available through the CABE or from eBay ( where I copied this picture.)

Ed

Back