When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with model and year rollfast

-

slothagese

Finally riding a big boys bike
img_2638-jpg.jpg
img_2639-jpg.jpg
just picked up this rollfast today. The guy told me it was a 1936, which is what he was told. He took it in on a package deal with a Columbia shaft drive. I'm not finding anything close in that timeframe. I'm thinking older. Morrow hubs on drop center wheels. Wrong seat and bars for sure. Seat is a ladies troxel, and I'm pretty sure those are mw Schwinn bars. Any ideas on model and year?

I'm really kinda stumped here. The crank, sprocket and fork are all Rollfast for sure. Badge is a given. Most if not all Rolfast bikes( that I know of) used New Departure hubs. But anyone could have swapped out the wheel set. The frame throws me off a bit, Can you provide a serial number?

Stem looks correct, bars are not. No big deal, that's easy stuff to replace. Ladies seat for sure, although the rims would be correct for a 33-35 moto ballooner. Maybe see if you can get a date code off of the rear hub too.

Front hub is ND. Rear hub I see nothing on the shell, I was going by the brake arm which is morrow. Same hoops on both wheels.

I saw that on CL, was tempted to call. I'd guess it to be from around 1935. The info rollfaster gave you on the hub will help date it. I'd guess the hub code would start with a D or E followed by a number from 1 to 4.
I've looked thru all of my literature and the Rollfast book but couldn't find that frame with balloon tires. I don't have much from 1935 tho. I know Columbia had a diamond frame balloon tire bike in their 35 catalog. The raingutter fenders are consistent with that.
I'm glad you picked that up. I'm sure it will make a great rider. Handlebars were probably unbraced Scout style. Enjoy it.

Look on the rear hub. If it is actually a Morrow, on one side you'll see 36-13. One the other will be something like G2. Then we can tell the year( of at least the wheels).
Where at on the hub? I've taken it apart and I can't find any stampings anywhere.

Should be off to one side. If you find 36-13 on o e side, you find a letter and number on the other. Without any stampings, no idea.

Back