When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with my Elgin, Please

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Joel: if Sensor doesn't want it...

I'm sure interested!

I added a couple closeups of the wheels, Sensor. The first is the rear with the brown gunk..it looks like rust but it can be scraped away to reveal chrome underneath. If it's paint, it sure hasn't aged like the rest of the bike.

The second pic shows missing metal on the front rim, which is why I'm so interested in Joel's wheel!

Pics here, page down to bottom.

if the woods in good shape(ie not dry rotted,cracked ,or warped)im interested!
shoot me a pm with some pictures and a price please...
thanks!

she rides great:D
the tires are solids from universal tires....they still make real singletubes(from what ive heard harpers sells the real ones) sorry about the cladding.......ive got the opposite problem cladding on the one spare wheel i have is rusty but good and the woods to brittle to even try to use(i did get a nice new departure sw hub out of it though....)

I did come across that new departure post, it was said the model D came out in 1933, so your model C would be before that. Just more supporting info! ~Adam

thanks, Adam!

Sure I wish I had some Elgin documenttation before 1935 so I can find year/model.

@ Sensor, here's that Lobdell clad front wheel. Missing axle and two spokes. Solid and straight (best I can tell w/o axle). $50 shipped.

I recommend the single tube tires from Harper over the solids from Universal. They are cheaper and more ridable.

Here are the wheel pix:

Attachments

• 28wheel1.jpg
    28wheel1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 28wheel2.jpg
    28wheel2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 28wheel3.jpg
    28wheel3.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 51
@ Sensor, here's that Lobdell clad front wheel. Missing axle and two spokes. Solid and straight (best I can tell w/o axle). $50 shipped.

I recommend the single tube tires from Harper over the solids from Universal. They are cheaper and more ridable.
interested!
sent you a pm thanks

I had one similar to that.

Here's one that I restored and sold earlier this year. My top bars are spaced a little farther apart than yours though.

1210359276-1.jpg

wow!

Gorgeous Kansas Jack!

Yesterday I got the rear hub unstrung and got the rust off...now I have nice, shiny rust.

I'm coflicted about keeping the rims bright or painting them. I think I'm gonna just go the cleaning route with the whole project.

I did find two options for replacement wheels on 28" bikes others may be interested in.

A dealer for Flying Pigeon quoted me the following:

"The rims we stock are heavy stainless steel, "Westwood" profile, 28x1 1/2" rims. We have 32 hole rims and 40 hole rims.

Pricing for goods:

Tires - $15/per
Tubes - $5/per
Rims - $20/per"

Back