When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Pierce chainless shaft drive restoration questions

-
So maybe my troxel seat may be original? Obviously it did not come on the bike, but maybe the dealer swapped it out?

3f9df236fc9a6c2cc755c8e93367ae31-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe that seat is later than your bike and was switched out somewhere down the road. V/r Shawn

I don't think so. Like I said in an earlier post I don't believe you see decals til much later than our models. My bike is original paint-no decals and no pinstripes. I've seen these restored with both but I don't think it is correct but rather for aesthetics. V/r Shawn

Any input guys? I see these wright and Brooke's style seats on ebay. Will one of these pass the buck?

I see the troxel seat I currently have is incorrect since Google says the company wasn't even started until 1915

View attachment 228237

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google is wrong. I believe this was answered as well in an earlier post. Take a look at this page from the 1902 catalog. The standard seat for a mens chainless in the '02 catalog is the Sager No. 4. Optional seats were the Troxel 30B, Wheeler No 1 or 5, or the Persons Special. V/r Shawn

1902-Pierce-Catalog-08.jpg

Any chance u can post more pics from that catalog? I would love to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any of u guys know what kind of oil I put in this bike? Just greese or automotive gear oil ?

Can you guys help me figure out what kind of spokes I will need?

The rear and I think the front are 14.5"

Back