When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Pierce chainless shaft drive restoration questions

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Do We have the serial number for your bike on the Pierce list Volksboy 57 - If not... can we kindly have it along the location of the serial number. Thank you.

Here is a picture of the Pierce Booth in 1914 - this should give you an idea of the style and presentation....though I know this is much later than your bicycle it does give you and idea of how Pierce intended the bikes to be presented.

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 14.57.12 copy.jpg

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 22.17.06 copy.png

Screen Shot 2015-04-04 at 22.17.46 copy.png

Also If you are not too worried about it being absolute period correct - here is a pic of a 1900ishish suspension model with an eagle climax seat...cannot remember where I found this or who's bike this is ... but maybe it might help.

1900's pierce full suspension chaindrive 1 copy.jpg

1900's pierce full suspension chaindrive 3 copy.jpg

1900's pierce full suspension chaindrive 4 copy.jpg

Here is a page out of the bicycling world 1903 - this is more around the time of your bicycle - again may be of assistance

bicyclingworld471903newy_0033 copy.jpg

Last edited:
I also noticed my front wheel hub is a new departure model M

Which didn't come out until much later.

Also the mount that holds the rear shock has 1 and 6 stamped into each bracket underneath

923e004a0fb461cadd247d95cd623a76-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back