When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with price for bike

-
J

jephmom

Hello, I just stumbled on your site, I have a 1970's pink girls bike that I would like sell in a garage sale but don't know much about it. It is pink with bright pick hearts/flowers and green vines on the fenders, pink large soft seat, signs on the sides that state Open Road and a bmx syle sign on the front handlebars with the number 5 on it. I received it for my birthday in May of 1979. Can someone help me?

Thank you!

Well it is a bit hard to come up with a price without a pic.. But If I am not mistaken "Open Road" was a Mongomery Wards brand bicycle. So on that note.. Boys bikes are worth more... Just an unfortunate fact. 1979 was not a great year for collecting. I had been looking for one of my first bikes an early 70's AMF Roadmaster Jr. When I finally found it on ebay... I won it for $50 plus shipping. I'm sorry to say that your bike wont fetch alot. Defintely not worth all the memories & freedom you had flying down the street with the wind in your face....

You know sometimes I wish for just one day that I could race down to the neighborhood park on my 20" Roadmaster and catch all my childhood buddies for one last game of stickball.

Back