When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Schwinn Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rgrandy

On Training Wheels
My brother recently passed away, leaving us with the task of going through his belongings. One of these is an antique bicycle, which I believe is a Schwinn Aerocycle. I'm trying to put a dollar amount on this, but not having a lot of luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, in advance.

Attachments

• img_0082.jpg
    img_0082.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 405
I'll give you $7000 shipped to Cali. If the tank is not rotted.

Sorry for your loss.

Last edited:
sorry for your loss

sorry to hear about your loss. The bike in that condition is safe to say its worth 8500 to 10,000 better pictures would help... Assuming all the glass is real...Good luck if you decide to sell and again sorry about your loss

Aw, these guys are full of it, I have $20 in my hand right now
CF4DFB1B19A347D0B46711F2073DFB1F10590000-1.jpg

I'll even pick it up and it will never leave my sight or go hungry.

My brother recently passed away, leaving us with the task of going through his belongings. One of these is an antique bicycle, which I believe is a Schwinn Aerocycle. I'm trying to put a dollar amount on this, but not having a lot of luck. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, in advance.

Here's a better idea.... Keep it!!!... That piece of Schwinn history is priceless... Hang it up in the family room ... I am Sorry about your loss. Your bro prob loved that bike and it should stay in the family. Wish we all had seen this on a happier note. My condolences.. But... If you need to sell for many a reason after a loss, take no less then what v2w had stated before. It is worth every penny of that.

wow! original paint and complete!!!!!!! dont restore it just reassemble it!!! big big bucks!!!! sad for the loss but a real nice memory that will increase in value as time goes by.

Sorry to hear your loss but I have to say this.

I swear I dont know why these things bring over 10k.....

Last edited:
More pics of the Aerocycle

Here's some more pictures...

Attachments

• img_0083.jpg
    img_0083.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 295
  • img_0084.jpg
    img_0084.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 288
  • img_0087.jpg
    img_0087.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 292
  • img_0088.jpg
    img_0088.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 297
  • img_0089.jpg
    img_0089.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 291
I think a better story would have been something like; Frank Schwinn had sent a Streamline Aerocycle over to Germany in the hopes that it might spark a market for stylized bikes over in Europe.. It was being shipped back to the United States on the Airship Hindenberg. When the Zeppelin got to the docking tower in Lakehurst New Jersey, the bike fell over and caused a spark that ignited the whole blimp.
The airship burst into flames and melted to the ground. When the smoke cleared, the only thing recognizable was the carcass of the Schwinn Aerocycle. The first picture of this post is what the investigators found the following morning. You can still see the torch marks and blistered paint on the side of the tank.
It is a true testament of Schwinn quality, that this Aerocycle suurvived one of aviations worst disasters. The Germans were so pissed off at Schwinn for causing the total loss of their grandest airship, that it set in motion the events what would become World War II.

Back