When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Schwinn Aerocycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I agree with redline buy the right parts carefully clean it and keep it.and please pick it off of the ground and wrap it up.your brother left you something most of us will never have enjoy it.

Well, the Newport, RI craig's list post on this was deleted today so if it wasn't just an interesting ruse, this nice specimen has a new owner - anyone care to share?

They bring big money because they are some of the rarest Schwinns there are. Why do so many

people hate on Schwinn? This is a groundbreaking and forward thinking bicycle design which all

other manufacturers immediately copied for years. I'd love to own this bike, and to me, it's better

than a Bluebird, Roadmaster Supreme, or any other uber rare collector bike. Just my opinions, but

I've been working on and fiddling with old bicycles a good deal of my life and I just like quality.

Yep.. I am with you.

Best reply on the board! Cheers to Fatbar

You have a pretty much complete Aerocycle, a very rare and pivotal Schwinn bicycle...and more importantly a family heirloom the likes of which few famiiles can ever dream of boasting to own.
If you decide to sell it? Invest in some fine automotive quality paint rubbing compounds, and carefully clean and polish the painted parts, shine up the chrome and build the bike. You'll get your best dollar for it looking like a million buck.

Also--- note to the wise! This forum is bicycle comprised collectors, an unsavory brutal and savage lot. So keep this formula in mind when selling. Multiply the highest offer you have been given on this board x3. You will then arrive at a reasonable retail for your item. Also ebay is best bet regardless as the market is the world and you'll mostly like sell the bicycle for several hundred thousand dollars there.

But best bet is to retain your family heirloom.... or of course donate to my museum for a hefty 45 dollar tax write off. I'll also donate a few cans of beans to the local food bank in your name.

Providing this post isn't just another in a long line hoaxes!

LOL

Here's a better idea.... Keep it!!!... That piece of Schwinn history is priceless... Hang it up in the family room ... I am Sorry about your loss. Your bro prob loved that bike and it should stay in the family. Wish we all had seen this on a happier note. My condolences.. But... If you need to sell for many a reason after a loss, take no less then what v2w had stated before. It is worth every penny of that.

No Hoax

This is truly not a hoax, nor do I understand why it would be. I'm honestly surprised and a little amazed at the response I've been getting over this post. My brother was not a collector of bikes at all. He loved history and this was something that caught his eye. He never paid a dime for it, nor did he have any idea what it truly was.

Thank you all for your condolences and assistance. You'll likely see this up on Ebay soon.

Well the reason a few of us were skeptical is due to another member pulling a hoax last month and these things just don't pop up like this that often so I'm sorry if I was a doubter. I can't wait to see it on Ebay and would like to see the auction run to end so you can get the maximum dollar. My guess though, even as I write this, is that you have people asking you to go ahead and sell to them outright to "avoid the hassles of Ebay...yada yada yada" I say put it on there and let it go and the let the high bidder prevail. V/r Shawn

I can't take credit for this one. It is either the real deal or someone isn't very original copying me hoax story.

Looks like it has the original lens in taillight. I haven't seen that aerocycle before so I think this is real.

aero

Lol! So Timmys seen ALL the aerocycles on gods great earth then? LOL!

"I haven't seen this one so it must be real" so sayeth the lord!

HoooooWEEEEE! Now it's a party!

Back