When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Schwinn motorbike or cycleplane

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rusty2wheels

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I purchased this Schwinn last week and it’s on its way here. I’m trying to figure out what I bought. From what I gather it’s a 36 model because it has a fork with the lock that’s straight and not offset. What is the difference in a cycleplane and a motorbike?? Here is the only pic I have right now..
5a882cca5ca7c00c1a9cb5d483ade13e.jpg
df3ad4bcbae53aede7b7aa7f163ebd8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn’t have a key but I have a pretty good stash of keys. If I don’t have the correct one I will let you know... thanks

Yep,
It’s a 36 type model.
It looks pretty original and complete.
The only thing I see that looks to have been changed over the years, is the handlebar.
Typically those would’ve had a braced Pope style bar with a Pancake Horn mounted on a bracket that’s attached by the stems quill bolt.
Cycelplane/Motorbike is synonymous.

Yes.
The one on the left, looks like it has the truss rod type mounting bracket, so it should bolt right on.
You may need longer truss rod bolts though.

Ok thanks. The one on the right has a bracket that mounts differently, just gotta remember where I put it... lol

If the bracket for the one on the right, looks like it’s made to mount on top of the stem, then, that would actually be more appropriate for your bike as originally equipped.

Yes I believe it is. I will post a pic once I find it. I think I have the correct bars for it also.

Back