When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help With Serial Number Phantom / Panther?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Schwinn lover

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Guys, I have a Schwinn bike ,,, I believe is a Phantom can anyone help on the year?

The stamped Number is C26025 Referencing the Schwinn numbers is it 1952,1953,or 1957
242536-db7ad3c4645c7278bd61d3ccfcbd9ceb.jpg

Stamped  Number lower  Left dropout.JPG

I can see why you have listed ’52, ’53 & ’57.
Not sure if I will get a reply, but I put the question online to a guy who was explaining the various locations for the
serial numbers. Hopefully he can tell me why Schwinn has the same listing for C in ’52, ’53 & ’57.

I also went to the link below, but there was no listing for C26025.
Schwinn serial number lookup tool

I have a phantom & this is what came up when I entered my serial number.
2n706di.png

Looks like I have the choice on which year I want it to be! ;)

btw: Cool badge!
Yeah, I believe it's a Phantom,,, but someone put a panther chain guard on it

Yeah, I believe it's a Phantom,,, but someone put a panther chain guard on it

It’s a Phantom !
I photo-cropped my Phantom chain-guard over yours & the only major difference is the word “Panther” !
xeo27s.jpg

Nice !

Last edited:
Unless you get lucky and find a date code on the crank or the hub, you'll probably have to live with a Phantom that was born twice. I can say for sure it's not a 57.

5/22-29/1952
10/23-30/1953

I'm pretty sure by '53 they had switched over to oval badges all around. Odds are your Phantom is a '52. With the guard, heck, I'd just leave it, the color scheme is correct and the patina is likely similar to the rest of the bike. Not that you asked, but since the rust is pretty deep and won't clean up that well, I'd be inclined to leave it rough, toss a weathered lens into the light, ditch the basket, re-grease all the bearings, toss some fast modern tires on there and ride the hell out of it.
Cheers, Geoff

I'm pretty sure by '53 they had switched over to oval badges all around. Odds are your Phantom is a '52. With the guard, heck, I'd just leave it, the color scheme is correct and the patina is likely similar to the rest of the bike. Not that you asked, but since the rust is pretty deep and won't clean up that well, I'd be inclined to leave it rough, toss a weathered lens into the light, ditch the basket, re-grease all the bearings, toss some fast modern tires on there and ride the hell out of it.
Cheers, Geoff

x2 what he done said! V/r Shawn

Back