When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with shipping Black Phantom

-

Coachmule

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated. I need to ship a black phantom from Philly to San diego, can anyone recommend how to do this through what company?

What size box would I put that size bike in? Sorry my cousin is shipping it to me and knows as much as I do about shipping this beast.
You have to go to a bike shop and get a box. Then once you have a box you just measure that and plug the numbers into the website and it gives you a price. Shipping will probably be around $80.

Reactions: hm.
Some tips

Often times bike shops are the absolute worst option shipping a bike..You pay through the nose...typcaiy 60 -100
just for the pack job and they very often do a horrendous job with vintage bikes.

Your best bet.
1 determine if the bike is a nice original or a junker/parts bike

Junker ...completely disassemble it your self...hit your local bikeshop for a Free empty bike box
Be sure adult size 26" or larger bike...You can fit a complete Phantom in on adult size box..
tight, but it fits.

If it's a NICE bike...same routine completely disassemble and use 2 boxes so you won't risk
the damage.

By all accounts AVOID bike shops for packing vintage bikes..I've been down that road when there was no
other option (elderly seller etc) and majority of the time...the bike got eft up in some way due to monkeys
at the shop doing this task.

It is NOT rocket science to pack and ship a bike.

bike shops make plenty of dough with repair work... save your vintage Phantom from the mishandling that will occur.
and put that $ in your pocket instead.

Ship with SHIPBIKES.COM and save $

I agree bike shops packing can a pretty big gamble. Shipping bikes is a pita an anxiety causing endeavor. You might find the exact right person todo the job well at a shop, but dumb high school kids also work in bike shops too. Another factor is time of year. Spring summer and early fall? Forget it. Especially somewhere where there are cold winters. People are ready to go in the spring and bike shops are typically very busy starting this time of year. Also factor in COVID 19 (my friend in Chicago says they are slammed with repairs already?!) They have plenty of ways to make money easier than spending the time to pack an old bike right. Perhaps you can find someone on here to help or a solid recommendation on a shop to go to.

Back