When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with the year of my Shelby Eagle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bobrowe

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hello. New to the site. I hope someone can help me pin down the year of this newly acquired Shelby Eagle. I got this at an estate sale in Virginia where it was hanging on the wall and looked as if it had been there at least 30 years. I broke her down and greased and cleaned everything to get her where she is as shown. I was told it was a 1939, but do not know where they got that date from. It all looks original except at least one pedal since they do not match.

Thanks

Shelby 1.jpg

Shelby 2.jpg

Shelby 3.jpg

Shelby 4.jpg

Shelby 5.jpg

Shelby 6.jpg

Shelby 7.jpg

Shelby 8.jpg

Shelby 9.jpg

Shelby 10.jpg

Shelby 11.jpg

Shelby 12.jpg

Shelby 13.jpg

Thinking early 40's with fork, open truss ends and sprocket. Good looking bike! Right pedal was replaced.

Last edited:
“G” is in the earlier end of the alphabet, and it possesses only 5 digits; and was the puddle method of brazing joints a post war practice? 1/2” pitch chain ring sprockets.

From about ‘47 on I would think it would have a metal tag with model and serial number on it. V/r Shawn

Back