When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with this Rovers year.

-
So the 3 means 1933, which ends in the number 3; and J, the 10th letter of the alphabet, means October which is the 10th month of the year, in Elyria OH.

About that explicit level of assurance - perhaps it might be explained, that there is a qualification that, if the serno is in the 3J pattern et seq. then one may be "reasonably" assured that it is from October 1933. And if it is any one of the other sequencing systems (or none), then good luck, (but not in this case)?
I don't have a 1937 bike with 28" wheels, but there is always a possibility, maybe my Colson lugged frame, with a Silver King badge.

28" or "High Pressure" models were available up into 1937. Here is my 37 singlebar.
20170219_155040-jpg.jpg

This is a Colson date stamp.
20181022_220536.jpg

Last edited:
I'
So the 3 means 1933, which ends in the number 3; and J, the 10th letter of the alphabet, means October which is the 10th month of the year, in Elyria OH.

About that explicit level of assurance - perhaps it might be explained, that there is a qualification that, if the serno is in the 3J pattern et seq. then one may be "reasonably" assured that it is from October 1933. And if it is any one of the other sequencing systems (or none), then good luck, (but not in this case)?
I don't have a 1937 bike with 28" wheels, but there is always a possibility, maybe my Colson lugged frame, with a Silver King badge.

The handle bar is upside-down.

l will clean it up and turn around the bars, it's the way I found it. Could use grips.

Mike

Back