When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with this Schwinn Jaguar

-

andybee75

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi!
I have been offered this bike, but i know nothing about it. What year is it from? How original is it? What's missing in the tank? Is it hard to find parts? What should the bike cost? Are there decals to find? I have only seen pictures of it. Thanks for input!

IMG_1458.jpeg

IMG_2555.jpeg

IMG_9490.jpeg

IMG_1389.jpeg

IMG_4653.jpeg

IMG_1335.jpeg

IMG_0589.jpeg

The bike is actually a middleweight bike.looks like a 1962 model and all correct.it's missing the headlight and horn unit in the tank.I would guess a value of about 300 to 500 depending where you are.Parts are fairly easy to find.

The bike is actually a middleweight bike.looks like a 1962 model and all correct.it's missing the headlight and horn unit in the tank.I would guess a value of about 300 to 500 depending where you are.Parts are fairly easy to find.

Thanks for the valuable info!

Paint looks nice - you'll be stylin'. I've been riding my middleweight (Corvette) a lot lately. If the rain lets up, I'll do 10 miles on my lunch break today.

Hardest part to find for that are the 'crutch tip' reflectors on the rear rack, and you have 'em!

Is that Jaguar in Sweden or is it in the US?
Judging from the type of plating on the fender braces I'd say it's a 1961 model. Can't see if the kickstand is chrome, as in 1962, or how many rivets the seat has. I believe the 1960 model still had the long fork dart pins all the way to the end of the fork. Head badge should be the plastic starburst but the pictures do not show the badge in detail. The rear carrier looks to be the 1961 version also.

Is that Jaguar in Sweden or is it in the US?
Judging from the type of plating on the fender braces I'd say it's a 1961 model. Can't see if the kickstand is chrome, as in 1962, or how many rivets the seat has. I believe the 1960 model still had the long fork dart pins all the way to the end of the fork. Head badge should be the plastic starburst but the pictures do not show the badge in detail. The rear carrier looks to be the 1961 version also.

Interesting to know. The bike is is Sweden, importer by an american guy who lives here.

Interesting. Island schwinn's estimated value might be just a few shipping dollars short then.

Back