When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with used parts

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustyman

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello Everyone. I just picked up a 1940 Elgin baloon tire bike. It is in sad shape and in need of a restore. Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy used parts for I don't want to make it look like new just a restoration with better used parts. I hope I am making sense? first off ,I am in need of cross bar handle bars for it.Thanks for all the help. rustyman

Hello Everyone. I just picked up a 1940 Elgin baloon tire bike. It is in sad shape and in need of a restore. Can anyone tell me where is the best place to buy used parts for I don't want to make it look like new just a restoration with better used parts. I hope I am making sense? first off ,I am in need of cross bar handle bars for it.Thanks for all the help. rustyman
1st things 1st post a full side shot pic of it from the chain ring side & we have a Wanted to buy Forum; It helps to show what you're looking for. Welcome to TheCABE.

Don't get carried away on restoration just yet. Post some pictures. The best way to proceed in 2021 is usually not restoration, nor replacing parts with newer ones. The folks around here will give you good advice on how best to move forward on the project. The for sale section occasionally produces some original crossbar handlebars, and at least one type crossbar handlebar (Torrington) is reproduced.

I tell you what Rusty you just happened to be in the right place fella. As Superman said go to the wanted section and ask with pictures of what you have now.

Sean

Back