When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Year / 20" AMF CWC Ballooner ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kato

I live for the CABE
I have this kool little 20" AMF CWC ballooner and am trying to figure out what year it might be.
I'm probably going to the new DoND section but want to be able to know what year it is when I list it.
Serial # B30816 53

When I check a few CWC Serial# sheets maybe a 1951............or does the 53 possible mean 1953 ??
Appreciate any help / info

Have no knowledge of bicycle serial numbers but wanted to say that little 20" AMF Roadmaster is in beautiful original condition. That's the kind of starter bike I would have loved to find for our son when he was a kid back in the early '90s.

Dave

To the point, yes, AMF CWC frame 53 after the serial number; it's the 1st year CWC or any bike that I know of actually got an easy tell date stamp. =1953. This type of rear drop out continued IDK up too 1955 or so. They may be left over stock: rear drop out, from before AMC took over or retooled their frame shops.

A stamped serial number and then a year stamping. How unique! Smart fellers there at AMF! 😜
So I guess that answers my question - Thanks !!!
I was sorta wondering that but seemed to simple......common sense compared to most other sorta confusing serial #'s

Have no knowledge of bicycle serial numbers but wanted to say that little 20" AMF Roadmaster is in beautiful original condition. That's the kind of starter bike I would have loved to find for our son when he was a kid back in the early '90s.

Dave
Thanks - It is in pretty amazing shape for being a kids bike and Old Skool Kool for sure.
I'm going to post it up on the DoND section and I'm hoping some Dad buys it for his son so they can cruise around together on ballooners :)

Back