When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with year, JC Higgins, MOD502455121...

-

Cycleology

Look Ma, No Hands!
Trying to find out info on my wife's JC Higgins bike. It rides very nice...but I'm not sure I want her to put miles on these tires...may be better for collector.

IMG_20160922_164112897.jpg

IMG_20160926_120638299.jpg

IMG_20160926_120731129.jpg

There isn't a whole lot of value to the collector for that particular girl's bike. The value is your wife wants to put miles on a bike! Change the tires to new, service the bearings and ride it.
I think you may have misread the serial MOD is 1939; maybe MO6 or MO8 for 1966 and 68?
"your wife's JC Higgens bike" is great with painted rims and fenders, all original. If you change anything, (like the seat) keep it so the bike can stay original. Enjoy it and ride with your wife as often as she will. Always looking for vintage bikes being ridden out there. Have fun.
Serial # thread http://thecabe.com/forum/threads/serial-number-and-date-code-information.71542/

I believe bike is mid 50s. I agree with above. If you don't trust the tires change them out, service the bike, and ride it. You could probably sell those tires get a new set and maybe even have a few extra dollars left over. V/r Shawn

Back