When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help With Year?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

COB

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I purchased this Schwinn Super Sport from a friend this evening. I am guessing it to be a 64-67 because of the Radiant Coppertone paint. I tried to check the year by the serial number, which is stamped on the left rear drop-out. Problem is, the serial number is not listed anywhere that I can find on the Angel Fire charts.The number is F7202, with what looks to be the first 2 double-stamped over a 1. The bike is equipped with Sprint derailleurs front and rear. Are there any of you Schwinn experts out there that can pin down the year on this bike? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• DSCN1892.jpg
    DSCN1892.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 78
  • DSCN1893.jpg
    DSCN1893.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSCN1894.jpg
    DSCN1894.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1895.jpg
    DSCN1895.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN1898.jpg
    DSCN1898.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 74
I would guess 71 to 73
If it was 64 or so I believe the shifters would be on the down tube

That is most likely a 1967 model with the chain ring guard and the stem shifters. First year for those shifters and only year for that chainring/guard setup and last year for the Sprint markings. Guessing at the serial, F = June 67 202nd frame built?

Sure is a nice one.

GTs58 is correct on the date of the bike. Early up to someime in 1970 SSs used a numbering system similar to Paramounts. I think the number system was changed about the same time as Schwinn stopped using forged Huret dropouts on the SSs. Roger

Back