When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help year of this Hiawatha

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MaxGlide

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I've got a three speed, balloon tire bike. Can't seem to find serial number reference chart anywhere. Serial number is A21527. Any help is greatly appreciated.(I know the light and pedals, seat and post are not original)

IMG_5418.jpg

IMG_5419.jpg

IMG_5420.jpg

IMG_5421.jpg

IMG_5422.jpg

IMG_5423.jpg

IMG_5424.jpg

IMG_5425.jpg

IMG_5435.jpg

I agree. Look at the bottom bracket at the end where the paint is chipping. It looks to have some more numbers which could date it. "58"? V/r Shawn

The Brampton hub and shifters showed up in about 1952/3 and were gone in about 5 years. That makes the bike made in the middle 1950s. Roger

The Hiawatha equivalent of a (AMF/Cleveland Welding) Roadmaster Flying Falcon, the early balloon tire version. I think this was introduced in 1953 or '54, and replaced by the middleweight version in 1955. The marks to the right of the serial number should be something like "54Cw", but I can't see them well enough to tell. For comparison, @Dave Stromberger has good pictures of his here: https://thecabe.com/forum/media/my-roadmaster-flying-falcon-001.27671/#media

Back