When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HELP!!!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

40ford

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Does anyone know where I can acquire the correct water slide decals for 49 Wasp/Hornet? I ordered these from BB on ebay and they are not even close.
DSCN8793.JPG

DSCN8795.JPG

I even sent them a msg and asked if these were going to be the correct ones they assured me that they were. REALLY???

Those match the catalog pics.
confused2.gif
The Wasp never had a tank and the first year for that model was 1954. What model do you have, a B-107 or a DB97XE? Those models have the decal that's on your tank. From what I gather, there was a font change for the 1950 model year and BB's issue matches that, and the 1950 Phantoms.

1952_05.jpg

The early produced 1950 Phantoms with a late 49 serial number had your style decal.

s-l1600.jpg

That looks like them...So I think someone put the wrong decals on this bike before I got it. I bought it off CL the ad said it was a 1949 Panther. I'm not sure the model of this bike it had the mens decals on the tank over the top of the smaller decal outline and a panther decal on chain guard. I think no decal goes on chain guard and smaller decals go on tank. Sorry about quality of pictures. Please forgive my lack of knowledge this is my first bike. What ever it is I love it and I ride it everyday I just want to put it back to how it was. I put the seat and handle bars and headlight on it. The guy I got it from put the tires and the decals on it. He said he got it from a farmer in Idaho the wheels were burried in the mud thats why the rims have the rust spots on them.
DSCN8816.JPG

I will just keep em and order the womans not BB fault they didnt know what I had on there. Thanks for the info...

Well, that does kinda look like a Panther, except the fenders are painted and not chrome. That tank is probably original to the bike so I'd match the decal that was on it, even though the bike might be a 1950 model. Memory tells me that the Rocket Ray light was new for 1950 but I could be wrong. What's the serial number? If it's a late 49 number the bike could be a 50 model but still have the 49 style decal, same as that Phantom I posted above. Here's the 1950 D-19, and it had no name or no decal on the guard.
Maybe remove that Panther decal. That's like having a Mustang emblem on a Thunderbird.

1950_schwinn_d_19.jpg

By the way, the springer fork was a factory option for this model.

Thats funny its true tho... Ser# F110395 I put the rocket ray on there Thank you for the help.

The decal image left on your tank is the style used on the earlier Hornets...Smaller font and straight up and down....
they used the ones you bought from Dan on most 49 and up Hornets, Phantoms etc

Back