When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Helping to ID a couple of old bicycles

-

Dustin Barkley

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hello everyone. I just came across a couple of cool old bicycles and I am looking for more information. The smaller red one I couldn't find any serial number or face plate, so I know nothing about it. The other one is a Seminole bicycle and I was able to make out H4 and 914 on the bottom, I think there are other numbers there though that I can't make out. Any help on these would be much appreciated.
IMG_1628.jpg
IMG_1629.jpg
IMG_1630.jpg
IMG_1631.jpg
IMG_1632.jpg

Hi @Dustin Barkley

The Westfield code H4 says the frame was made in April 1941. Yes, there will be more numbers in the line with 914 in it, probably starting with an F, followed by 5 or 6 numbers. This will indicate when the frame was made into a bicycle. Let us know when you can read the full numbers, thanks.

This Seminole is nearly the same date, but I suspect an up market model, and in far better condition:

Best Regards,

Adrian

Hi @Dustin Barkley

The Westfield code H4 says the frame was made in April 1941. Yes, there will be more numbers in the line with 914 in it, probably starting with an F, followed by 5 or 6 numbers. This will indicate when the frame was made into a bicycle. Let us know when you can read the full numbers, thanks.

This Seminole is nearly the same date, but I suspect an up market model, and in far better condition:

Best Regards,

Adrian
Awesome, very helpful. Thanks for the info. !

Back