When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

helpp!!!!! schwinn

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

boosted

On Training Wheels
I have a old schwinn it has the serial number on the front and its a road bike but I want to restore it but before I do I want to know if it is more valuable restored or not restored? It has rust on the chrome and the paint I bad. I found some here to identify what it might be by looking at the colors n finding ones like mine.http://schwinncruisers.com/catalogs/1974.html

Pictures of your actual bike would help people here more make a more educated statement, as Schwinn over the years made many different styles of bikes.

Jim.

Unless it is a Paramount or has great sentimental value any money spent to do a true restoration will be wasted. Clean, service, ride! V/r Shawn

Unless it is a Paramount or has great sentimental value any money spent to do a true restoration will be wasted. Clean, service, ride! V/r Shawn
X2.
Paramount=definitely
Sports tourer=maybe
Super Sport= maybe
Continental=probably not
Varsity=I wouldn't.
As said,pics would be a big help.

Tapatalk wont let me post pics. It looks like a blue continental with fenders its a road bike. I'm assuming it wont matter if I paint it

I just like restoring things

Restore or refurbish? To restore means to bring back as new--like the day it left the factory with correct paint, decals, and correct finish on plated parts e.g. chrome, cad, etc... . Not seeing the bike its hard to say what it would cost but chrome alone would probably be double what the bike is worth fully restored. I don't see this as economically feasible. To refurbish on the other hand is to make usable again. This is the route I would go for a bike such as this. Jus my 2c. V/r Shawn

GK means the frame was stamped in July 1974 but without pictures it could be anything but a Paramount. Paramounts had their own number system. Roger

Back