When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hendee Indian

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
great find! I show bikes at gas and steam engine shows.that bike is worth $2000-$4000.because of its condition.what kind of engine is that behind it.a Galloway? Otto?
Thats the plan for this bike show it and a way to get around at shows looks like I'll have to keep a real close eye on it at that type of value. Rims off the bike are going in next week to get trued and tires mounted, in the spring I can get back into the yard it came out of and look around for the tank now that I know what it looks like. The engine is a 6hp M IH

I don't think you want to ride that bike it's to rare, just leave it the way it is.I have many wood rim bikes,that i will not ride because of rim breakage.those are wood rims you break those and that decrease's the value of the bike.that bike has the early indian badge somewhere in the teen's i'am guessing.look in the tool pouch behind the seat.the tools might say either hendee or indian if there is any.

the only thing in the toolbox was an old padlock on a piece of chain. will know more about the condition of the rims next week,the bike shop they are going to comes highly recomended for wooden rims. his opinion of the rims will decide if this bike is a wall hanger or will get ridden occasionally. after all stuff gets old when you quit using it

talked with someone on the phone about this bike and was told the open faced head badge is pre 1916 does anyone here know anything about that

rims are straightened and in good condition, looks like it's going to get ridden once in a while. going with black for the tires the white in my opinion sticks out to much and takes away from the bike

Great to hear it's in riding condition. After all, that's what it's meant to do. Not that I'm against wall art or living room art, just that there is true pleasure in riding these old stallions. Just don't do any curb hoping.:)

Post pics when she's all spiffed up.

I have been told that the open face badged indians were made in 1916 and maybe early 1917? only? That the badge was the way to date those bikes and solid badges were used from 1917 on. Link to my Indian and at the bottom there are a couple of pages from a 1916 Indian catalog reprint. Marc

http://www.easywind2.com/indianafter.html

Back